CLOUD SECURITY ENGINEER
Full-time · Start date asap · Up to 100% remote · EU citizens · Europe (pref. max +/- 3 hours difference to CET)
WE ARE REVOLGY
...a bunch of cloud-native enthusiasts. Currently, there are about 60 of us. Leading Czech cloud-services company, on the market since 1996. Certified and trusted partner of Google and AWS, providing digital transformation services through cloud infrastructure and online collaboration tools. Helping our 2000+ B2B (Baltics 2 Balkan) clients grow their business in the cloud.
WE WANT YOU! 🤩 Our team of super ambitious folks with strong collaboration and communication skills needs a new colleague. We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Production Services team to provide security systems and tools management related to cloud technologies and play a vital role in protecting an organization’s data.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY
🤗 Remote-first culture - Work wherever you are most productive - at home, while travelling or in our office in Prague. Benefit from processes and mindsets which are 100% oriented towards working flexible hours, as long as you can attend scheduled meetings.
👨👩👧👧 Revolgy people - We believe that teamwork and trust are what matters. And we live that. People at Revolgy are not afraid to take responsibility, not afraid to make important decisions. We are curious, confident, and willing to learn and improve.
💡 Complex challenges - We drive business growth by simplifying the way companies work through the meaningful use of modern tools. We aim to take care of the technological side of things for our customers so that they can fully concentrate on developing their own products and services.
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you’ll be responsible for work serves to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of an organization’s systems and application data. Determine security requirements, plan/implement/test security systems, and establish best practices across the organization. You’ll also:
- Do internal Revolgy security matters - connection to Revolgy ISO/IEC 27001
- Tighten the Forseti installation and its setup over our internal GCP projects and ideally also GSuite, evaluation of the main risks, reporting and action steps (+ clear responsibilities to the company)
- Find a similar variant over AWS
- Work on client projects - general public cloud (Google Cloud Platform, AWS) security - analysis, PoC, etc., cooperation on Sales / Delivery activities for migration projects (where we need to establish the Security role by our customers)
- Be responsible for the thorough documentation of implementations, via technical documentation and run-books
- Be responsible for input and feedback on security architectures
- Apply adept understanding and experience with systems automation platforms and technologies
- Partake in efforts that shape the organization’s security policies and standards for use in cloud environments
- Interpret security and technical requirements into business requirements and communicate security risks to relevant stakeholders ranging from business leaders to engineers
- Direct and influence multi-disciplinary teams in implementing and operating Cyber Security controls
- Provide subject matter expertise on information security architecture and systems engineering to other IT and business teams
- Execute security architectures for cloud/hybrid systems
- Be responsible for automating security controls, data and processes to provide improved metrics and operational support
- Work on the "cloud security" product within the SME concept, where Revolgy would offer a security solution (own intellectual property, or partner assets) as part of its own solution
- Spot and execute new security technologies and best practices into the company’s Cloud offerings
- Demonstrated knowledge of AWS and GCP
- Keen on new IT technologies
- Resilient - Security threats are constantly changing. Resiliency and curiosity are required to identify threats before they become a reality
- Perceptive - perceptive and know what to protect, able to understand how a threat might try to exploit vulnerabilities
- Attentive to detail - able to work quickly and with attention to detail, making sure not to further compromise company systems
- Well-rounded - possess both technical skill and the ability to communicate security threats and complex technical knowledge to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create and present concepts and recommendations to executive management
- Expert functional expertise combined with significant organizational and security industry awareness and knowledge
- Fluent communication skills in English (B2/C1)
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE...
- Cloud Security GCP Certification
Remote-first environment · Flexible working hours · 4 weeks of paid vacation + 1 additional week after 12 months · Refreshment & unlimited coffee in the office · Multisport card or FlexiPass · Sim card and mobile phone contribution for employees · Uber & Liftago for business purposes · GallupStrengths talent DNA analysis · Paid training and certifications · Attending conferences and having the option to present · Knowledge sharing & educational programs provided by Google, AWS, and other technology partners · Company events & meetups
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the application form and we'll be in touch. If not, no worries, perhaps we will cross paths again in the future!
After you apply
Our application process usually includes an initial chat with the hiring manager, one case study, then a chat with 2-4 additional team members, Gallup CliftonStrengths online analysis to discover your unique talent DNA, and a final chat with Mirek, our CEO.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you 🙏
Diversity and equal opportunity are important to us. We are happy about the interest of all candidates and strive to provide feedback as quickly as possible.